For Runners of All Levels
ATI’s Running Institute offers injury assessment, treatment and training that’s designed especially for the unique needs of runners. Our team of running experts can help you get to the next level with running resources and services including:
- Educational seminars
- Manual physical therapy
- Sports physical therapy
- Custom orthotics
- Elite level coaching and personal training of everyday runners
- Running form video analysis
- Strength and conditioning
- Injury prevention programs
- Bike fitting (offered at the Ann Arbor West, MI location)
- Marathon training and support in conjunction with the Running Fit programs
- Kinesio Taping®
- Dry needling (offered at the Downtown Ann Arbor, MI location)
- Graston Technique®
AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®
Thanks to its precise unweighting technology, the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill allows you to push your training and physical therapy rehabilitation further than ever before.
- Reduce gravity’s impact by selecting any weight between 20% and 100% of body weight by 1% increments
- Reduce stress on joints and injured areas of your lower body
- Recover effectively and with less pain after training or competition
Running Video Analysis
Running injuries are most often caused by faulty mechanics. Improper running form is compounded over the many miles we run. To help break this cycle and keep you moving, The Running Institute performs a video-based biomechanical computer analysis of your running form to identify any muscle imbalances that cause improper form, injury and decreased performance. Our experts will offer running form correction to improve performance, as well as recommendations for running shoes and orthotics for your specific running mechanics.
MIX5 MLS® Therapy Laser
Laser light from MLS Laser Therapy stimulates cells to remove toxins and increase cell growth. It brings blood flow to the treatment area, blocks pain signals to the brain, and jump starts the body’s own healing process. MLS Laser Therapy treats pain and inflammation resulting from many common conditions, such as arthritis and muscle sprains and strains, and can decrease healing time by 30-40%.
STORZ MEDICAL D-ACTOR® 200
The STORZ D-ACTOR 200 shockwave therapy device uses Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Treatment (EPAT), which releases high intensity acoustic pressure waves into the target tissue, converting a chronic inflammatory condition into an acute stage, allowing the body to respond by increasing circulation and cellular metabolism around the affected tissue.