While you may have lost some weight dieting, were you able to keep it off for good? If not, you’re in the majority. This is because diets are fundamentally unsustainable.
To lose excess body weight healthfully and permanently, it takes patience and quality upgrades to your eating and exercise habits.
The good news? Lasting weight loss IS attainable when you:
- Dedicate yourself to a nutrient-dense diet
- Increase your activity level
- Let go of counting calories and focus on creating healthy habits that last
We understand this is a slow progression and tough to stick to, which is why we created our MCT products to help expedite the process and promote quick weight loss.
(Also, see founder and health counselor Karen Malkin’s individual weight loss program offerings.)
FIGHT FAT WITH FAT
The idea that eating healthful fat makes you fat is a myth. Eating refined carbohydrates, sugar, trans fat, and highly processed vegetable oils makes you fat!
The body is an adaptive organism regulating hormone secretion and enzyme production in response to the food we eat.
So, when you ingest more MCTs, your body becomes more efficient at mobilizing fat stores as energy.
As a result, even in the presence of some carbohydrates, the body will begin breaking down its own fat to power ordinary, everyday functions. (Which means quick weight loss!)
- MCTs given over a 6-day period was shown to boost metabolism by 50%
- Metabolism may remain elevated for at least 24 hours after eating a meal that includes MCTs
- During a high-calorie diet consisting of either 40% fat as MCTs or 40% fat as LCTs, the MCT group burned almost 2x the number of calories in the LCT group
- About 1-2 TBSP of MCT oil per day resulted in a lower endpoint body weight than did the same amount of olive oil during a 16-week weight-loss program. Also, those in the MCT oil group trended towards greater fat loss and less abdominal fat mass than those in the olive oil group
- After eating a meal containing MCTs, normal-weight individuals increased their energy expenditure by as much as 48%, while overweight participants increased theirs by as much as 65%
Want to get on the road to quick, lasting weight loss?