A recent study looked into how we can help fight depression and stress with our diet versus having to take medication. A super good idea! Where have you people been all my life?
Here’s what the Deakin University Food and Mood Centre revealed:
- The people that addressed mood with diet improved their moods by almost triple vs those who sought simply social support.
- Poor diet leads to body inflammation which is linked to depression.
- Healthy food helps brain deal with stress.
Feeling down or stressed out? These foods may help…without medical side effects:
BLUEBERRIES: Contain antioxidants that help reduce body inflammation and deal with stress.
SEEDS: Contain magnesium which is linked to reducing depression, fatigue and irritability.
CASHEWS: Contain zinc which can help reduce anxiety.
- TURKEY: Contains tryptophan which helps body create serotonin which helps make you happy and keep you calm.
- LEAFY GREENS: Contain folate which produces pleasure inducing dopamine in brain.
- MILK WITH VIT D: Can improve happiness and reduce panic disorders.
- PISTACHIOS: Can lower blood pressure and heart rate.
- OATMEAL: Helps produce serotonin to stabilize your moods.
- SALMON: Can help protect body from negative effects of adrenaline and cortisol by lowering inflammation.
- AVOCADO: Can help you feel full so you don’t binge eat.
- YOGURT: Probiotics can calm your gut which fuels your immune system which fights inflammation.
- DARK CHOCOLATE: Anti-oxidants lower blood pressure and can make you feel happy. It certainly makes me feel happy!