The orthopedic specialists at Ivy Rehab Physical Therapy are ready to help you get back into the action. Whether you’re overcoming a sports-related injury or recovering from a recent surgery, let our knowledgeable team develop a personalized therapy plan just for you.
What Is Orthopedic Therapy?
Orthopedic Therapy is a form of physical therapy that aims to improve weakened or injured components within the musculoskeletal system through non-invasive treatments such as exercise and stretching. This type of therapy works with all of the bones, joints, tendons, ligaments, and muscles throughout the body. Commonly used in sports medicine to improve recovery, orthopedic therapy is an important part of post-surgery rehabilitation. Orthopedic therapy also helps ease symptoms of chronic joint or bone ailments such as arthritis.
Ivy Rehab’s physical therapists have expertise in post-surgical rehabilitation, overuse injuries, and inflammation from chronic conditions such as arthritis. Your visit begins with a complete assessment of your current condition so that our skilled clinicians can develop an individualized therapy plan to make the most of your rehabilitation.
Areas of Treatment
We treat a broad range of orthopedic conditions, including injuries that occur at work, on the field, or as a result of an automobile accident. We also work with patients dealing with post-surgical recovery, chronic pain, and more. Schedule an appointment to find out how we can help you with:
- Total Knee Replacement (TKR)
- Total Hip Replacement (THR)
- Total Shoulder Replacement (TSR)
- Total Ankle Replacement (TAR)
- Low back pain and neck pain
- Cervical and lumbar radiculopathies
- Chronic pain
- Overuse syndromes including tendonitis
- Sports-related injuries for competitive athletes, weekend warriors, and more
- Sprains / strains
- Fractures including Open Reduction Internal Fixation (ORIF) and external fixators
- Workers’ Compensation No-Fault/MVA
- Arthritis / rheumatoidism
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Fibromyalgia / chronic fatigue syndrome
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ) syndrome
Schedule your appointment today at an Ivy Rehab Physical Therapy location near you.
The Sports Medicine Weekly Podcast is the Sports Enthusiast's Official Resource for Fitness, Nutrition, Injury Prevention and Treatment
Podcast host, Dr. Brian Cole, an internationally renowned orthopedic surgeon, shares his clinical expertise to empower athletes and weekend warriors with knowledge on how to treat and prevent sports injuries and improve fitness.
Click here for full podcast playlist.