Fear over the emerging Coronavirus pandemic is a concern for many people. The most important thing you can do to avoid infection, is to avoid exposure, wash your hands frequently with soap and water, and keep your immune system strong. Here are a few ways to naturally boost your immunity:
- Dietary flavanols such as quercetin, kaempferol, and EGCG, from foods like oranges, blueberries, apples, grapes, onions, cabbage, dark chocolate, red wine, and green tea, decrease the biofilm production of bacteria, have anti-viral activity, and may lower the risk of influenza.
- Studies also show vitamin C deficiency is related to increased risk and severity of influenza infections. Stock up on oranges, cantaloupe, cauliflower, kale, kiwi, sweet potato, papayas, bell peppers, and broccoli.
- Turmeric and ginger are known for their anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial actions against a wide array of bacteria, diverse fungi, and viruses. Don’t miss my recipe for Immune-Boosting Turmeric Ginger Latte below!
- Garlic has been shown in some laboratory studies to inhibit certain cold viruses and may help to prevent colds.
- Probiotics are believed to boost immunity by improving digestion. Enjoy foods high in naturally occurring probiotics such as yogurt, and fermented foods, kefir and kimchi, to maintain a balance of healthy gut bacteria.
Sinuplex – I take one every morning without food, year round. This blend includes vitamin C, quercetin, stinging nettle root extract, bromelain, and N-acetylcysteine- designed to support respiratory function.
Ultraflora Immune Booster – This probiotic provides a blend of 1 billion CFU (colony forming units) per capsule of highly viable, pure strains of “friendly” bacteria which supports healthy nasal, sinus, and respiratory function.
UltraPotentC – Vitamin C is vital to the function of leukocytes, white blood cells, that help fight infection. Vitamin C is also important for iron absorption, and being deficient in iron can make you more vulnerable to infections.
ImmuCore – This supplement is a powerhouse immune booster, containing vitamin C, Zinc, vitamin D, selenium and a blend of mushroom extracts.
Mycotaki – Support an immune system under stress with 7 nourishing mushrooms. Human immune cells have receptors for mushroom polysaccharides. Upon digestion, these polysaccharides are fermented by the intestinal microbial flora and bond to specific receptors of our immune cells.
OmegaGenics 1000 EPA/DHA – Omega 3 fatty acids (fish oil) reduce inflammation and lower triglycerides and support general health.
PhytoMulti – This daily multivitamin/mineral contains 13 concentrated extracts of phytonutrients scientifically tested to support cellular health and overall wellness. A daily multi may help ensure you get the nutrients it needs but may not get from diet alone.
and don’t touch your face