Since the life-altering pandemic, many people have prioritized their health and wellness through fitness routines. Everyone’s top two fitness goals are to achieve the body they desire and maintain a healthy body.
There are many tips and tricks for boosting your fitness routine all over the internet. You might have come across the effectiveness of Red Light Therapy, a state-of-the-art medical innovation with a significant impact when incorporated before and after exercise. You may check LightTherapy.org for more information on how it promotes weight loss.
Introduction to Red Light Therapy
Light therapy or phototherapy can be categorized by varying colors, frequencies, and wavelengths. This treatment was initially used to treat the soldiers’ muscle and skin injuries. There is no trace of harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays, making them safer and suitable for frequent use.
Modern-day medicine has made light therapy available for a vast scope of treatments. One, in particular, is red-light therapy, also known as photobiomodulation; it’s a type of low-level laser therapy that utilizes a low-irradiance laser. As a non-invasive procedure, it serves as a better, safer, and more convenient choice for users.
Weight gain and obesity are two of the most common concerns of the populace. A well-balanced diet and regular exercise are the usual ‘duo’ in shedding off those excess fats and toning your body. However, studies have shown positive effects of red light therapy when added to your weight loss plan.
Here’s how red light therapy can boost your fitness routine:
- Activates the Powerhouse of the Body Cells
Red light therapy emits specific wavelengths that penetrate the skin. Mitochondria are then activated to increase adenosine triphosphate (ATP) production. ATP is also known as the cell’s energy currency because it is responsible for storing and transferring energy among the body’s various cells.
Overall, cell stimulation in the body leads to increased energy, motivation, and heightened mood to boost your fitness routine.
- Increases Blood Flow
When cells are healthy, they can effectively improve tissues and organ functions by increasing blood flow. Fresh oxygen and sufficient nutrients are transported and delivered to the body.
- Collagen Stimulation
Collagen is an essential component of bones, ligaments, skin, organs, tendons, and tissues – responsible for skin elasticity and strength of musculoskeletal parts. When stimulated, it can help repair these structures and return to their normal functions as you go on your fitness journey.
- Removal of the Cells’ Waste Materials
Waste materials in our body, including toxins, free radicals, and micro bacteria, can hamper cellular activities that may lead to diseases, preventing you from working out. Thus, red light therapy can aid in efficiently removing this harmful substance.
- Minimizes Oxidative Stress
An increase in free radicals and low antioxidants level can result in oxidative stress. It’s a condition linked to anxiety, depression, body malaise, eyesight problems, headaches, memory loss, musculoskeletal pain, and wrinkles. Red light therapy activates the body’s antioxidant properties and can prevent you from experiencing these symptoms.
Potential Benefits To Boost Your Fitness Routine
The five ways mentioned can lead to productively enhancing and boosting your fitness routine. Here are more of its benefits:
- Alleviates musculoskeletal pain
- Alleviates anxiety and depression
- Heightens moods and keeps you motivated
- Improve your ability to focus, relax and sleep
- Increase in endurance, muscle mass, and strength.
- Reduces the occurrence of Delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS)
- Reduces excess body fats
- Stronger bones and joints
- Reduces risks for chronic conditions such as asthma, diabetes, and hypertension
- Promotes rapid healing of muscle microtears when working out
Types of Red Light Therapy Products
It’s crucial to use red light therapy products with extreme caution. Professional medical advice can also help you understand the device’s purpose, how, and when to use it.
- Belts are convenient and comfortable to wear. You may use them before and after workout sessions. In some cases, it’s used with electric muscle stimulation (EMS) to enhance the breaking further down and elimination of fat cells.
- Handheld Devices look like mini massagers, hairdryers, or hair iron. They have easy handles for you to grip on. They are more suitable options to reduce fat in narrow-body areas such as the arms and thighs.
- Machines are usually seen in clinics or hospitals. Ensure you ask your provider if your insurance plan covers red light therapy; they tend to be more expensive when a professional perform the procedure.
Taking All Into Consideration
Modern medical innovations have given many people convenience and access to treating various conditions and improving the overall quality of life. The majority are now prioritizing health and wellness through a fitness routine. Red light therapy guarantees safety and rapid solutions to help you attain your health goals.
Helping Surgeons Treat their Patients Better >> MEDWEST
Hear the latest podcast episode.
Click here for full podcast playlist.