Lean proteins are crucial for any healthy diet–and fortunately, they’re also delicious! We all know proteins are essential to good health. Problem is, not all proteins are created equal. Often, they’re full of fat. Fortunately, lean proteins can make your taste buds, and your heart, just as happy. Read on to learn more about this food group and how to eat a protein dense diet.
1. Protein plays a crucial role for almost every part of your body. It helps build bone, muscle, skin, and blood. Protein also helps your body repair tissue, fight infection, and regulate your hormones and lean protein provides all these benefits without the extra fat.
2. Meat isn’t the only source of lean protein. There are plenty of plant-based sources, including nuts, beans, legumes, soy products, and whole grains.
3. Lean meats have less fat and cholesterol than other meats. For the carnivores, skinless poultry, grass-fed beef, and fish, like salmon and tuna, are healthier options than their higher fat counterparts.
4. Eating plenty of beans, low fat meat, nuts, and soy can help you lose weight. Lean protein makes you feel fuller for longer, so you’re less likely to snack.
5. Experts recommend that about a third of your daily calories should come from lower fat proteins. There are endless ways to make delicious meals with lean proteins. Try skinless chicken kebabs, turkey and quinoa meatloaf, spicy baked tofu, and more.
Click here for full podcast playlist.