Help your patients prepare better and recover faster from surgery with nutritional optimization. Nutritional optimization is a significant unmet medical need in orthopaedic surgery.
• Nutrition status is a stronger predictor of surgical outcomes than obesity
• Nutrition status is directly associated with risk of complications and readmission
• Nutrition plays an important role in patient engagement and well-being
The Ortho Nutrition Bundle
A 4-week nutrition supplement program designed to help patients prepare better and recover faster from surgery, containing:
• 56 Servings of Protein Isolate (ISOlution®)
• 3 Servings of Preoperative Carbohydrate (PREcovery®)
• A Shaker Bottle (with measurements)
• A Patient Instructions Booklet The Ortho Nutrition Bundle integrates seamlessly into orthopaedic practices, taking the guesswork out of nutrition for both the patient and the provider.
Developed with leading nutrition researchers and orthopaedic specialists to improve outcomes in orthopaedic surgery by:
• Augmenting muscle mass, strength and size
• Improving wound healing
• Keeping patients in an anabolic state of metabolism
• Empowering patients to address a modifiable risk factor Nutrition is an essential component of prehabilitation and surgical optimization.
Products and Protocol
ISOlution®: An ion-exchange protein isolate with elevated leucine content. Taken before and after surgery to reduce the loss of muscle and improve wound healing. PREcovery®: A preoperative carbohydrate with rapid-emptying polysaccharides. Taken prior to surgery as an alternative to fasting to reduce surgical stress and improve patient experience.
Click here for full podcast playlist.