A recent study looked into how we can help fight depression and stress with our diet versus having to take medication. ?A super good idea! Where have you people been all my life?
Here’s what the Deakin University Food and Mood Centre revealed:
- The people that addressed mood with diet improved their moods by almost triple vs those who sought simply social support.
- Poor diet leads to body inflammation which is linked to depression.
- Healthy food helps brain deal with stress.
Feeling down or stressed out? ?These foods may help…without medical side effects:
BLUEBERRIES: ?Contain antioxidants that help reduce body inflammation and deal with stress.
SEEDS: ?Contain magnesium which is linked to reducing depression, fatigue and irritability.
CASHEWS: ?Contain zinc which can help reduce anxiety.
- TURKEY: ?Contains tryptophan which helps body create serotonin which helps make you happy and keep you calm.
- LEAFY GREENS: ?Contain folate which produces pleasure inducing dopamine in brain.
- MILK WITH VIT D: ?Can improve happiness and reduce panic disorders.
- PISTACHIOS: ?Can lower blood pressure and heart rate.
- OATMEAL: Helps produce serotonin to stabilize your moods.
- SALMON: ?Can help protect body from negative effects of adrenaline and cortisol by lowering inflammation.
- AVOCADO: ?Can help you feel full so you don’t binge eat.
- YOGURT: ?Probiotics can calm your gut which fuels your immune system which fights inflammation.
- DARK CHOCOLATE: ?Anti-oxidants lower blood pressure and can make you feel happy. ?It certainly makes me feel happy!
Click here for full podcast playlist.