Episode 17.01 with Hosts Steve Kashul and Dr. Brian Cole. Broadcasting on ESPN Chicago 1000 WMVP-AM Radio, Saturdays from 8:30 to 9:00 AM/c.
Segment One: Head team physician discusses his role keeping players on field. Dr. Nik Verma from Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush talks about his new role. Hear how he and the other team physicians at Rush help keep Sox players healthy through the long baseball season.
- Fellowship Director, Professor and Chief of Sports Medicine at Rush University Medical Center
- Shoulder, Elbow and Knee Surgeon at Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush
- Head Team Physician for Chicago White Sox & Team Physician for Chicago Bulls and Nazareth Academy
- Advanced Arthroscopic Reconstructive Techniques and Cartilage Restoration expertise
- Voted Top 10-15% of Top Doctors in America�? by U.S.NewWorld Report and Castle Connolly
- Associate Editor of the Arthroscopy Journal and Editorial Board Member of Journal of Knee Surgery
Segment Two: Karen Malkin discusses the importance of MCTs- medium chain triglycerides: what are they and why are so many athletes adding them to their fitness plans. We tend to think carbohydrates give us the most energy. How do MCTs compare to carbohydrates for fuel?
Best fats to cook with: Olive oil is known to be one of the healthiest fats for cardiovascular health. Why shouldn’t we cook with olive oil? What are the best fats for high heat cooking? Can you cook with MCT oil?
Dr. Cole and Steve talk with Karen about the effectiveness of her 14 Day Transformation Program. Enter ESPN1000 in the Coupon Code box for a $100 discount.
Lifestyle and health are transformed though integrative health coaching. Karen practices a client-centered approach that acknowledges the interdependent roles of mind, body and spirit, and the innate healing capacity within each person, with an emphasis on self-care. Read more >>
Click here for full podcast playlist.