We go above and beyond when it comes to the treatment of our young patients. Our goal is to make their experience as close to “play time” as possible. Our specially-trained physical therapists work one-on-one with pediatric patients to help them, encourage progress, and form lasting bonds.
Our pediatric physical therapists work to improve a child’s gross motor ability (large muscle groups) which facilitate improved mobility, coordination? and?balance. We offer specialty evaluations and therapeutic interventions for the following areas:
- Motor planning
- Coordination and balance training
- Mobility: transfers, floor mobility, ambulation
- Neuromuscular conditions such as cerebral palsy
- Orthopedic conditions such as torticollis, hip dysplasia, scoliosis and amputation
- Musculoskeletal conditions such as decreased strength, muscle tone, muscle control, flexibility, joint motion, posture and endurance
- Adaptive Equipment Assessment and training (Wheelchairs, walkers, standers, gait trainers, etc.)
For children with physical challenges, developmental delays, or sensory issues, pediatric physical and occupational therapy can improve the developmental and motor skills critical to living a more confident and independent life. Our compassionate, experienced therapists have experience working with a number of pediatric conditions and needs. Pediatric services are offered at select Ivy Rehab clinics.
Physical therapy for infants and children:
- Torticollis / Flat head Syndrome
- Erb’s Palsy
- Developmental delay
- Hypotonia & Hypertonia
- Cerebral Palsy
Schedule your appointment today at a location near you to learn more about pediatric occupational therapy, speech therapy, and pediatric physical therapy.
Requesting an appointment is easy. Start by entering your email address:
Click here for full podcast playlist.