The American Dietetic Association lists the?top ten reasons why consulting with a Registered Dietitian can benefit you:
- You have diabetes, cardiovascular problems or high blood pressure.
- You are thinking of having or have had gastric bypass surgery.
- You have digestive problems.
- You?re pregnant or trying to get pregnant.
- You need guidance and confidence for breastfeeding your baby.
- Your teenager has issues with food and eating healthy.
- You need to gain or lose weight.
- You?re caring for an aging parent.
- You want to eat smarter.
- You want to improve your performance in sports.
At our Washington state clinics, ATI Physical Therapy offers Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT), a diet counseling service provided by a Registered?Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN). Those in the program are taught enhanced nutrition and?lifestyle skills specific to their level of activity and eating habits.
The ATI Approach to MNT
One-on-one nutrition education for disease prevention and diet counseling for chronic conditions?(provided over a series of visits) are an essential component of a comprehensive plan of care.?The goal of Medical Nutrition Therapy provided by a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist is to improve a participants’ health, well-being and quality of life.
What You Will Experience
At the initial nutrition consult, the RDN will thoroughly review your medical?record, identify laboratory trends, identify disease and diet concerns, and assess?sedentary lifestyle issues.?In subsequent nutrition consultations, the RDN will continue to assist in teaching and?helping to resolve nutrition concerns with the focus of better incorporating improved?nutrition and lifestyle habits.?Our goal is for you to make permanent lifestyle?changes by offering creative nutrition ideas and fun lifestyle solutions in ways that apply?to real life and are easy to understand.
Click here for full podcast playlist.