New and Totally Free!
Sideline Sports Doc was founded in 2010 by Dr. Dev Mishra, Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at Stanford University.? Our primary focus is on providing a fast and easy to remember method for non-medically trained coaches, parents, and athletes to confidently recognize and manage sport injuries. The content was created and thoroughly reviewed by?head team physicians in the NFL, MLB, NBA, MLS, US Olympic teams, and multiple US national teams. Led by Dr. Mishra, all of our training programs are developed to help you answer the question:
?Your player?s been injured, now what??
- What is Sideline Sports Doc ESSENTIALS?
Sideline Sports Doc Essentials is a video based online education platform that will give you the key information to recognize and provide basic management for almost any injury you?ll encounter on a field, court, ice rink or pool.?You asked and we listened. Many of you in our community thought we should offer the key parts of our online course videos at no charge. ?Our mission is to impact as many people as possible with our method to make sports health and safety better for everyone. The Essentials series will allow us to do that.
- The Problem: Injuries happen, who can you trust for sound advice?
Sports Injuries Happen. You need to know the basics of how to handle them. But where do you go for info you can trust? What Do You Do ? Right Now ? When There?s Been A Sports Injury? Whether you?re a parent, a coach, or an athlete, this is a question every single one of you will face. Sometimes the injured player will need to sit out with a bag of ice, sometimes they can reasonably and safely continue playing, and sometimes the injury is serious enough to require immediate medical attention in the local emergency department.
- The Solution: The SAFE Method?
The SAFE Method?. A fast and easy to learn on-field evaluation method that works for all sports and all age groups. How do you know what to do? We?re here to help. We?re team physicians for youth teams, NCAA colleges, every major professional sports league in the U.S., as well as national teams. We?re also parents of athletes and fitness enthusiasts ourselves.
We created the fast and easy solutions in Sideline Sports Doc to help all non-medically trained people with the basic ?go? or ?no-go? decisions so common in sports at every level. Our decision support tool- The Safe Method?- is based on the exact same steps used by every team doctor or athletic trainer in the U.S. when evaluating an injured athlete. It?s time tested and it works.
We?ll give you immediate access to the key concept videos that will allow you to evaluate the vast majority of injuries you?ll encounter. We?ll also provide downloadable audio transcripts.
- The SAFE Method?. The key four step method you can use to evaluate any injury in any sport. Presented by Dev Mishra M.D., founder of Sideline Sports Doc and Stanford University orthopedic surgeon.
- Concussion. How to recognize a possible concussion and the steps for immediate removal from play whenever a concussion is suspected. Presented by Calvin Hwang M.D., head medical team physician at Stanford University.
- Lower Extremity injuries (good for basketball, flag football, tackle football, gymnastics, ice hockey, lacrosse, soccer, track and field, volleyball, wrestling). Presented by Brian Cole M.D., team physician for the Chicago Bulls (NBA) and Chicago White Sox (MLB).
- Upper Extremity injuries (good for baseball, cycling, softball, swimming, tennis). Presented by Geoff Abrams M.D., head team physician at Stanford University, team physician San Francisco 49ers (NFL).
Baseball, Basketball, Cycling, Flag Football, Tackle Football, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling or any other sport;? We?ve got you covered for FREE training.
Click here for full podcast playlist.